- Shooting takes place on most Saturdays commencing at 10.00am unless it is a declared FIRE BAN day, or closed for some other reason. When this is the case notice will be published on this page.
- Beginners (no shooting experience or firearms licence necessary) are most welcome, as are visitors from other rifle clubs. Contact secretary, email@example.com Come prepared for the weather.
- Please be advised that no shooting is allowed on the range unless authorised by the rifle club.
- Club membership fulfils the legal requirement for holding a Category AB firearms licence.
- In the event of heavy consistent rainy weather, shooting can take place fully undercover at the 600 yard range.
- Shoot for Autism. This annual fundraising shoot to support the Southern Autistic School is held at the Grantville range. The 2017 event will be conducted on Saturday May 20 . Thank you to all VRA shooters, club members and sponsors who support this worthy cause. Keep this date in your diary and we look forward to seeing you next year. This is the correct date for the shoot, NOT as printed in the Issue 124 of Australian Target Rifle Magazine.
Countries throughout the Commonwealth quickly followed suit. In Australia, the States formed individual Rifle Associations to host the competition. International competition flourished, and in fact, the first national Australian sporting team ever to tour overseas was a rifle team in 1876. If you wish to observe a Queen's Prize Shoot, visit the Victorian Rifle Association website for details. A quaint historic practice is the winner being carried to the presentation ceremony high in a chair supported by his/her peers while carrying the rifle shot in the competition, and sometimes to the strain of the pipes.